Covid-19 Small Group Hosting Guidelines
Covid-19 Guidelines For Group Gatherings At GracePoint
(17 March 2020)
In light of advice from NSW Health, we’ve decided to put some protective measures in place at all our GracePoint gatherings (Sunday worship in small groups, community groups, ACG micro-groups). Out of love for each other we want our gatherings to be a place where those who come are safe and looked after.
Consider before attending a gathering:
- If you have been overseas (or have been in close contact with someone who has) self-quarantine for 14 days.
- If you or your children are experiencing any flu-like symptoms like shortness of breath, fever, cough or cold, we would ask that you self-quarantine and call your GP before seeking medical attention.
- If you are elderly or have a pre-existing medical condition that would make you susceptible to Covid-19, please consider the risk of exposure depending on the size of the gathering, and refrain from attending if necessary. Let us know and we will make alternative arrangements for you.
Our main goals are:
- To minimize contact with large numbers of people.
- To minimize opportunities for people to touch or breathe on food that will then be consumed by others.
- To reduce physical contact on surfaces that could be touched by large numbers of people.
If you are attending a gathering:
- Observe the recommended personal hygiene by NSW Health (https://www.health.gov.au/health-topics/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov#prevention). This includes washing your hands regularly with soap and water, covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing (cough into your elbow), and minimising physical contact.
- Avoid touching door handles/doorbell (call the host using your personal phone to grab their attention).
- On entry to the host home, wash your hands immediately with soap and water for minimum 20 seconds. Use alcohol based hand sanitizer at other times when needed.
- Keep your hands and personal belongings to yourself AT ALL TIMES. Bring your own drink bottle and even a snack to minimize using your host’s utensils.
- Sit one chair apart from each other.
- Choose ONE person to serve food/drinks using gloves and tongs.
If you are hosting:
- Ensure your space allows people to sit one chair apart from each other.
- Cordone off areas you do not wish your guests to enter (use visible signs). This will reduce the areas that would need to be disinfected.
- Clean and disinfect all other commonly used surfaces (tables, door handles, door frames, bathroom door handles, taps, armchairs, light switches, TV remote, table, kettle). Do this BEFORE and AFTER the gathering.
- If possible, provide disposable disinfectant wipes and a bin ready for guests to clean the bathroom surface areas after each use (flush, disinfect the door and tap handle).
- ALWAYS be willing to serve your guests to minimize them touching any of your home surfaces.