God calls us to "declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all people." (1 Chronicles 16:24)
So our Mission as a church community is "to see God’s greatness and goodness magnified in all things for the joy of all people in him through Jesus and his saving work." God’s ultimate goal in saving is so that we might worship and enjoy him in his greatness and goodness forever. This is why we exist as a church community at GracePoint. God's mission tells us what God is doing in our world and why we exist as a church.
Our vision tells us how we are to accomplish God's mission as a church community. Our vision describes how we are to live out God's mission as his people in response to God's saving work in Jesus. So our Vision as a church community is to "make disciples who are personally growing to love Jesus, love each other in community, and love our city and our world as his witnesses." God's mission for us is grounded in a vision to be a church community that magnifies Him in worship, shares life together as members of his community, and is growing and being equipped for maturity, ministry and mission to engage His world with the good news of Jesus and his saving work for God's glory and praise!
This vision to grow a worshipping community committed to membership, maturity, ministry and mission can be expressed under 5 ministry fronts (5 M’s) that we want to see personally and corporately pursued, lived out and expressed in every believer at GracePoint.
- Magnification. Experiencing God in Worship. God’s people gathered in worship is the crater left behind by the gospel proclaimed. God’s mission in the work of the Lord Jesus Christ creates a worshipping community! It isn’t just the goal of the gospel and the final goal of God’s mission, it’s also what we are called to regularly do as God’s people (Eph.2:11-22; Rev.7:9-12; Heb.10:19-25). We believe every believer needs to gather regularly with other believers in corporate worship.
- Membership. Sharing life together in Community. The Christian life was never meant to be a ‘solo’ journey. We were saved to grow in community with others (Eph.2:11-22). God’s people in Acts didn’t just meet in large groups, they also shared their lives together in smaller groups around the gospel! (Acts 2:42, 46). We believe every believer needs to belong to a regular small group.
- Maturity. Growing personally in Discipleship. Growing to be more like Christ is God’s purpose, desire and call for us as disciples of Jesus (Rom.8:28-29; Col.1:28-29; 2:6-7; Matt.28:19-20). We believe every believer needs to be personally growing in word, prayer and godliness to become more like Christ.
- Ministry. Serving each other in Ministry. God has gifted each of us to serve each other towards maturity in Christ (Eph.4:7-16; 1 Cor.12). Every believer has a place of service in our church community and is called to ministry. We believe every believer needs to use their God given gifts, passions and resources to serve the body of Christ.
- Mission. Reaching lost people in Mission. God's gathered people is God's missionary agent assigned the work of making the gospel known. God has actually saved us to make his praises known! (Eph.3:10-11; 1 Pet.2:9-12). We believe every believer needs to be seeking to see lost people saved in word and deed.