News

LATEST VIDEO NEWS

Changes To Small Group Meetings Covid 19

Changes To Small Group Meetings Covid 19

We are not a people without hope or without God, and we are certainly not a people without a community! The elders and pastors have met online last night and have decided to make several changes to all small group meetings at GracePoint and will be looking at working out ways to keep us ‘meeting’ together in the weeks and the months ahead.
Read More
The Threat To God's Mission

The Threat To God's Mission

The greatest threat to God’s mission is actually our hearts propensity to replace Him with an idol. Author Miroslav Volf writes that when we forget God’s grace to us, ‘Our hearts become factories of idols in which we fashion and refashion God to fit our needs and desires.’
Read More
Vision Sunday October 2019

Vision Sunday October 2019

On Vision Sunday 27th October 2019 we want to share with you our 2020 ministry initiatives and plans, and what we hope to see God do for us as a church. We want you to come together for the gospel at GracePoint in praise for the God who has saved and gathered us, in prayerful dependence on the God who brings growth, and in partnership together serving the God who sends us to bring the gospel to the nations and for the generations.
Read More
Taking Personal Responsibility For Your Growth In Godliness

Taking Personal Responsibility For Your Growth In Godliness

“No Spiritual Discipline is more important than the intake of God’s Word. Nothing can substitute for it. There simply is no healthy Christian life apart from a diet of the milk and meat of Scripture.” - Donald Whitney, Spiritual Disciplines For The Christian Life
Read More
Good Friday 2019

Good Friday 2019

Our order of service for our 2019 Good Friday Service that you might like to use for your personal worship, prayer and Bible reading
Read More
Studies in 1 Peter 2019

Studies in 1 Peter 2019

1 Peter has much to say to a Christian community feeling the weight of living as outsiders, exiles and strangers in culture and society. The church as the people of God have and will always be a counter-cultural community, and historically have always lived on the margins of society and culture. How do we navigate life as God's people in a culture that's hostile to the Christian faith and way of life? How do we respond when we're unfairly treated as God's people?
Read More
Who's Responsible For My Growth At Church?

Who's Responsible For My Growth At Church?

Who’s responsible for MY growth as a Christian at church? It’s a great question and sometimes it’s driven by the common misconception that the church needs to cater for ‘my’ growth as a Christian. So unless I’m getting something out of the preaching (it’s too long), or unless the worship moves me (it’s not very exciting), or unless I have friends (I haven’t got any close relationships), or unless there’s programs that meet my needs and my children’s needs, this church is not catering for my growth as a Christian! Can I say to you that to make your growth as a Christian solely dependent on your Sunday’s at church is not only a mistake, but far from what the Bible teaches. In fact, I would go as far as saying that it’s foolishness.
Read More
The Welcoming Work Of The Gospel Makes Us A Welcoming People

The Welcoming Work Of The Gospel Makes Us A Welcoming People

If we’re a community gathered together by the ‘welcoming’ work of the gospel through Jesus, then it shouldn’t be a surprise that God’s people would also be a ‘welcoming’ people i.e. a people who welcome all who visit our church community and a people who are actively seeking out those who would not normally be welcomed. The work of welcoming the newcomer isn’t the work of the welcoming team or those with the gifts of welcoming, it’s actually the work of all believers in a church community who have experienced the ‘welcoming’ work of the gospel (2 Cor.8:9)
Read More
The Power To Love & Serve In A Church Community

The Power To Love & Serve In A Church Community

The power to love and serve others in a church community is actually grounded in the power of a greater love that we’ve first experienced. We read in 1 John 3:16 - This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. Christian people love and serve because they’ve been loved first.
Read More
Cultivating God-centered Loves

Cultivating God-centered Loves

Our sermon last Sunday on 1 John 2:12-17 (The Collision of Loves) reminded us that Christian discipleship is not just about knowing God; significantly, it is also about loving God. Like any sort of love, our love for God needs to be carefully cultivated. Following our sermon, it would be worth committing some intentionality into recalibrating the unconscious, reorienting our hearts, and relearning our habits.
Read More